Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Day 21, El Cabildo

(Friday, the 29th of January, 2016)
I actually skipped breakfast today and settled for sleeping in. This also means that my lunch was better than the usual. Lunch was Calabrese pizza, not too bad. I decided to go find some museums to explore. I went to "El Cabildo", a historic building where the decision for Argentina to first revolt against Spain was made. Now this museum was free but I have to say, not as nice as the other I've been to. Just as I finished up, it started to rain so I decided to go back to the hostel to wait out the rain. I ended up sorting through pictures and doing administrative things, and even a nap.



(Unrelated pictures of a protest in from of the Casa Rosada and the Metropolitan Cathedral, I seem to have forgotten to take a picture of the Cabildo)



I was invited back to Mario and Lorena's house today, so I got to try out the bus system here in Buenos Aires, which have to say is quite nice and clean. I had a great dinner of steak and mashed potato with "dulce de leche" ice cream. They recommended going to an artisans market that runs every Saturday in the nearby park, they also recommended going to this show called "Fuerza Bruta". I tried asking them what it was but they hadn't been, but all if their exchange students highly recommended it. That sounded interesting enough for me, so I plan on buying a ticket tomorrow.

I took the bus back to the hostel where I was met with a roommate. I figured out that he was from Germany, but that is about all I got before we both from asleep.

All my pictures (organized) here! Full size here.

Today's musical feature is " Barbaro Fines y Su Mayimbe" preforming "Intro Mayimbe".


2 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me want to go to Buenos Aires!

    Liza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog makes me want to go to Buenos Aires!

    Liza.

    ReplyDelete