Friday, February 12, 2016

Day 32, Murga

(Tuesday, the 9th of February, 2016)
This morning started off nice and slow with a good breakfast to boot, there was still coffee in the pot this time. I heard out for a walk after breakfast with quite the multicultural crew, Pablo from Argentina, Kelly from the US and Sam and I from Canada. We headed out to the "Ramblas", or the waterfront promenades to have a nice walk by the riverside. We had a great time and we took a lot longer than I expected, I get great shots of the riverside and some good ones of the graffiti around town. I'm not sure if I mentioned, but as usual, everyone present was older than me, it was the 30's club except for me, all of the young 20 somethings left about two day ago. Regardless, it was fun and I got to talk about stuff that I don't normally get to bring up such as white hat hacking, bug hunting, the singularity and virtual reality.




The walk took us all the way to lunch, which was a sale for me this time. I always thought that the salad down here was overpriced, then I saw someone order one, a mountain of shredded greens arrived to their table, about twice as tall as the bowl. So it seems like you get what you pay for.

After lunch a few of us decided to head to another Carnaval event that was happening tonight in a velodrome, I didn't know what to expect. We killed some time until about 7:00 PM and then we headed out to the velodrome and what we got was pretty awesome. Performances from drum and dance groups like the parades of the past few days, but also troupes of men that sung songs and made political jokes and just general comedy, it was a real blast. Granted a lot of jokes flew over my head because I didn't understand everything they were saying but it was still a great time. We stayed from 8:30 PM to about 12:30 AM and we had dinner there, which was surprisingly great. We did leave before the whole show finished because we were all getting tired. A short taxi ride back and then is was time for bed.






See all of my photos here!what Full size here.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to read you're learning from the "oldies" Nick, and also teaching them a few things. You've always been very mature, though, so, not surpised!

    ReplyDelete