Friday, February 12, 2016

Day 31, Walking Tour

(Monday, the 8th of February, 2016)
Today I woke up just in time to catch a free walking tour across the oldtown neighbourhood of the city. I took the tour with a few people from the hostel, including a fellow Canadian that I met. The tour was great, we had a great tour guide and I got to finally see the old town of Montevideo. I bought my country ring for Uruguay during a break in the tour, we also met an American traveller named Kelly who joined us for lunch after the tour.






Speaking of lunch, we met up with three Brazilians from the hostel after the tour and we had lunch down by the port in a "market", which is just a missive amount of similar restaurants in a giant open air building that was supposed to be a train station, weird right? The group was hell bent on eating "parrilla", which is another name for the asado I was having with my Uncle in Mendoza a few weeks ago. I have to say, that this each of my Uncle's asados have been better, this restaurant really dropped the ball. We ordered a "Parrilla por 6" and what we got was pretty pitiful, very little meat maybe for a party of three definitely not for six people. Believing that we got ripped, we headed back to the hostel.


Most of us chatted or had a siesta until dinnertime, we found a more suitable restaurant that was cheaper and actually served us the proper amount of food. I ended up having a "chivito", which is a unique Uruguayan sandwich that was super delicious. Beef, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, ham and a fried egg all in-between some bread, delicious. After that satisfying dinner that balanced out that poor lunch, we hit the hostel and stayed up until 2:00 AM drinking and getting to know each other. I seem to have a little fascination with beer, as each time I try a new one, I feel compelled to take a picture of the bottle, so I'll be adding that to the list of pictures I'll be taking. Anyways, that was it for the night.


See all of my photos here! Full size here.

Today marks one full month out abroad, 31 days, and the time has flown by. I've shared a song every day for that past few days and to be honest, I'm running out of suggestions, these were my favorite I hope you liked them. The last song from Congahead for the foreseeable future is a jazz piece called "On a Tin Floor" by the "Daniel Ori Quintet", enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment