Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Day 34, Sitting All Day

(Thursday, the 11th of February, 2016)
Today was a travel day. The whole day was spend sitting, waiting for some form of transportation. And when it arrived, boarding and then sitting some more until we arrive at the destination. The odyssey begins with a city bus ride to the inter city bus terminal, some waiting and then I get on a bus headed for Colonia Del Sacramento. After a bit of waiting around there, I take a ferry to Buenos Aires and then finally a taxi to my hostel. It begun at noon and I finally got to the hostel at 11 PM.


Pretty much only one interesting thing happened to me the whole odyssey. As I was fading in and out of sleep on the ferry, I heard a familiar sound through the music in my headphones. I take the headphones and listen again. There it is, the unmistakable sound of someone drumming a lick on a practice pad, here, on a ferry to Argentina. I spent some time just listening, appreciating the playing. It reminded me of the long rides to Ohio that I spent on the Drumline bus, listening to kids practice for hours and hours. What an interesting sound to hear in South America, because it wasn't Candombe or another South American genre, it was good old drumcore.

See all of my photos here! Full size here.

No comments:

Post a Comment