Friday, February 12, 2016

Day 29, Great Views

(Saturday, the 6th of February, 2016) (Picture Heavy)
This morning was a little less fruitful than the afternoon, I headed out after breakfast in the direction of the old town, to scout out the area and to see where the museums are. Following in the South American tradition of having super restrictive hours on museums, the museums I tried to check out were rather closed or hosting private functions. I ended up at a bookstore and I bought a couple of books to help me improve my Spanish.


I went back to the hostel to cool off a bit and then I headed out to visit the Museum of Art History (MUHAR) when it finally opened at 1:30 PM. This museum turned out to be quite nice, they had exhibits on ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, South America and the Middle East, they focused on the sculptures a d art that those cultures created. My favorite piece that they had was an Olmec head, of course, it was a plaster replica because those things weigh tons, but it was an awesome sight regardless.





Just outside the museum on the same city block is a municipal government building that had a free 360° viewing platform on the 22nd floor. I headed up the the top and I really enjoyed the view of the city, I took plenty of pictures. The evening was spent at another parade and dinner was another street food affair, really tasty. Apparently it rained last night after we left and they had to cut the parade short, that is why they had a small make-up parade tonight. I went to this parade with an American named Francis, it was really fun. There were a lot nless people at this parade so we got better a better view of the performers. We ended up heading back earlier than last night because we were both tired and stuffed full of food. Here's to hoping for a great day tomorrow.





Here is a video big brother Google stitched together for me from my clips and pictures, enjoy.

See all my photos here! Full size here.

Today's video feature is "(U)nity" back for a third time with "Horizons". They just have so many great songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment