Friday, February 12, 2016

Day 30, Crypt Walking Pt. II

(Sunday, the 7th of February, 2016)
I woke up today just in time for breakfast. I had to say goodbye to my friends Casper, Axel and Francis as they all head out, I also decide to take more pictures around the hostel, because it has some awesome posters on the wall. After that I ended up at another cemetery (I know, I have a morbid curiosity), I wanted to see how different it would be compared to the cemetery in Buenos Aires. I ended up going with this German girl named Leena after asking around if anyone wanted to go to a cemetery and a theatre today. This cemetery definitely bad a different feel to it, more statues and less mausoleums, great nonetheless.








We headed over to the Solis Theatre afterwards and payed about $2.65 CAD for a short guided tour in English. The theatre is quite the beautiful sight, it feels small for its size, its regal yet accessible at the same time. I learned that the National Comedy and the Montevideo Philharmonic both put on $3 CAD shows a few times a year so that everybody can have the chance to see a show at the theatre.



Those two activities took up most of the day, so we stopped to pick up some groceries in the way back to the hostel and we cooked dinner at the hostel. After that I just chilled around and then went to bed, the parade part of the Carnaval is over and we didn't plan on a night activity today.

See all of my pictures here! Full size here.

Today's video feature is "Cocomama" performing a medley of songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment