Saturday, February 6, 2016

Day 27, Pizza Heaven

(Thursday, the 4th of February, 2016)
Today was an interesting day. I made a little mistake, I had decided in my head yesterday that I wanted to stay another night here in Colonia, but I didn't tell the hostel until this morning and they were fully booked. I ended up having to move to another hostel called El EspaƱol, but they let me leave my bag for a bit before I moved so I went to the historic district again to check out the rest of the museums. Each of these museums were a lot smaller than the Municipal Museum, but they were all interesting and I enjoyed my time at each of them. I then went to the bus terminal and bought a ticket for a bus to Montevideo tomorrow.





I headed over to the new hostel and tried to hang out but the WiFi was terrible and then only friendly travellers were a few dudes from Sweden and Germany. Sadly the German guy was like 35 and the Swedish guys stuck together, so I tried to plan my upcoming days in Montevideo but I could barely get anything done through the intermittent 30 second bursts of WiFi. Since nothing productive was happening, I headed out for dinner to a place called Pizzeria Don Joaquin. This place was amazing, the pizzas were delicious and were ready really fast, the restaurant had a beautiful design and you could see the chefs working through a glass wall into the kitchen. It was so good that I think I might have to call it the best pizza I've ever had, it made me want to stay another night to be able to have it tomorrow for dinner. Sadly, I had already bought my bus ticket for tomorrow.


See all my photos here! Full size here.

Today's video feature is the "Chris Gaskell Quintet" preforming "When He Sleeps".


No comments:

Post a Comment