Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Day 22, Brute Force

(Saturday, the 30th of January, 2016) (Warning: picture heavy)
A good and regular morning was had today, although I did putter around a bit this morning at the Hostel because Mario and Lorena told me that the market doesn't really kick off until about 1:00 PM. When the time arrived I headed back on the bus towards Recoleta (the bus is actually cheaper and quicker than the Subte). I perused the market stalls looking for a ring, I've taken to trying to get a ring for each country that I visit. I'm putting them on a necklace, they act as souvenirs for me. For my lunch, I had a bag of candied peanuts which now that I think about it, might not be any healthier than the bag of cookies.



After that delicious lunch and with my mission accomplished at the market, I headed off the the "MALBA", the Buenos Aires Museum of Latin American Art. It was quite beautiful, probably a toss up between this one and the MAMBA (Modern Art) for the best museum that I've visited. The bottom floor of the museum kind of dropped the ball, but the rest was great.





On the way back I stopped to buy a ticket for " Fuerza Bruta", Brute Force then I had an early dinner. I headed back to the hostel to drop some stuff off and to change. I did a little bit of research yesterday on Fuerza Bruta, but it didn't really explain it to me, all I could tell is that it was a postmodern theatre show and that not was critically acclaimed.

I must say it's quite awesome. A mix between Cirque du Soleil, a rave and a drumline performance. It had it all, drums, strobe lights, fog, gunshots, bloodbags and people flying around on ropes. If it ever comes to Toronto I'd strongly recommend going to see it, I'd go see it again in a heartbeat. All in all it only cost me $27 CAD. After that, I packed up to go back to the hostel, my heart still pumping.





See all of my photos here! Full size here.

Today's video feature is "Dandy Rodriguez" with "Son Montuno".




No comments:

Post a Comment