Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day 24, Lime House

(Monday, the 1st of February, 2016)
With a good bit of my laundry done and being well rested from yesterday, I packed everything back up and was heading back to the San Telmo neighbourhood, coincidentally, about a block down the street from the hotel I stayed at last night was a sign that said "Lime House Youth Hostel". The other side of the sign was broken so that is why I didn't see it on the way over. Turns out it's quite the nice place, cheaper then the Hostel Tango, and closer to the Subte and the bus lines, so I booked two nights and settled in.



I was only able to hit one museum today as the others were closed, but this one was quite interesting, it's called the Museum of the City, (Museo de La Ciudad) and it was a quaint little thing. They had a bit of a meta exhibit going on, basically they were displaying the promotional posters that they designed for past exhibits over the years. I do have to say that the art on the posters was good but the exhibit and museum floor was so small that it too maybe maximum 30 minutes.



With nothing else to I headed back to the hostel. This hostel has what the other was missing, I've met people here from Brazil, Peru, Germany, France, the United Kingdom and South Korea, all within a few hours of getting in. I have also fooled three people (and I'm counting) into thinking I was older than I am, I guess it's the patchy beard or something, or the fact that I'm tall compared to the people down here, I'm not sure. Eventually the question comes up, "How old are you?" or "What are you studying?". The answers have gotten me three double takes so far (one thought I was 22-23), which is interesting, even though average age of the hostel guest is lower here I'm still the youngest. Dinner was fun, but so is sleeping so I did just that.

See all my photos here! Full size here.

For today's video feature "Bareto" returns with "Camaleon".

1 comment: