Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Day 37, Family History

(Sunday, the 14th of February, 2016)
I woke up and had a late breakfast as usual a d then headed out to meet my uncle. I was dragging along with me a heavy bag of all of the extras that I couldn't fit in my backpack. We met at Parque Rivadavia, at a coin and stamp fair that runs in the park on Sundays. We walked a bit and he showed me where my grandpa had a stall in this fair 40 years ago, and where he and my mom had a s all stall selling magazines and stuff. That was quite an interesting piece of family history that I didn't know. We had drinks and an early lunch type thing at a cafe across the road and we caught up.


After that, I took the Subte to San Telmo and I explored the antique market there and I ended up buying a few souvenirs for my friends. After that it was planning time. Planing trips online is quite stressful, because pretty much every website says that they will keep your money even if you make a mistake with the booking or anything. Also, Patagonia is supposed to be supper busy this time of year, so I had to make sure I had a hostel in the town I was going to before I bought the bus and plane tickets, otherwise we'd have a problem. I finished up planning about a week in advance and the next leg of the trip started on Thursday with an early morning flight to El Calafate.



I really should trace out my trip on a map, because I think it would be quite interesting to see. Dinner was pasta today and it probably will be tomorrow as well.

See all of my photos here! Full size here.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nick,

    Not to be nosy, but what's the piece of family history your uncle talked about? And yes, it would be great to see a map showing your travel path.

    Stay mellow (despite the planning stress)!

    Bob Young
    (of "Bob and Jeanine")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, my bad. I guess I skipped over the first paragraph! :)
    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, thanks for the well wishes and thanks for reading. I was on a small hiatus because of the spotty internet connection in Patagonia, but I should be back soon.

      Delete
    2. No worries, thanks for the well wishes and thanks for reading. I was on a small hiatus because of the spotty internet connection in Patagonia, but I should be back soon.

      Delete