Monday, January 18, 2016

Day 6, Exchange

(Thursday, the 14th of January, 2016)
We woke up a bit early and headed to the capital taking a little detour to pick up some stuff in a nearby town, this took us pretty far from the way we usually go to get to Santiago so we took a different highway. This highway ended up being a thin road that threaded up the mountains to cross over and descend the other side, sadly I sat on the wrong side of the car to get good shots of the valley, I took some pictures anyways, tell me what you think. It was quite a fun ride, blind hairpin corners, a little bit of brake squeaking, good fun. I also missed a great shot of some graffiti on some type of concrete stormwater lane down the mountain, maybe another time. But, I did grab a great shot of a graffiti Tupac (I'm pretty sure, just need to get online to confirm) just hanging out on a wall, when I saw it I just started chuckling.





We made it to Santiago and we stopped by the house that has internet, I was told to bring my laptop so that I could check emails and whatnot. I was thinking we'd be there for at least a half an hour, maybe one hour. So I'm settling in, downloading my inbox, turns out we were there solely to check emails, so 5 minutes later we pack up and leave. The thing is, we were taking a bus back later and wouldn't be returning to this house today, so I'm walking around some sketch parts of the city with a laptop, two phones, and all of my Chilean cash on me, because the reason for this trip was to exchange the Chilean currency for Argentinean pesos. Long story short, nothing happened but there were definitely some places where I had to watch my bag. We got everything done and headed back to the farm on a bus, loaded with Argentine money, car insurance and some gifts. When we got home we packed and ready for the next day, because I believe that I'm headed from my uncles house to Buenos Aires and I won't be back for a few weeks. Plans are shaping up though.


On a bit of an unrelated note, I've been finding that the Nexus 5 camera has been doing a great job of taking pictures for me, all of these shots are from the Nexus 5. I did bring a digital camera, but this has just been more convenient and produces at least decent, if not good quality shots.

See all of my photos here!

Today's music video feature is "Pierogi" preforming "Spin".


No comments:

Post a Comment