Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Day 16, The Next Step

(Sunday, the 24th of January, 2016)
Good morning my last day in General Alvear and the Mendoza province. The day greeted me with rain from the storm last night that lasted well into the morning. The time here moves so slowly, but also fast at the same time. After a late breakfast, one hour or so of mate and some more tips for Nick, then it's lunch time. And everyone knows what happens after lunch time, siesta. Before I know it, it's 4:30 and I have to get my stuff packed.

(An unrelated picture of a cactus-type plant)


We stopped in town for a little but of pre-dinner, because I am apparently getting food on the bus. The thing is, the kitchen of the restaurant doesn't open until later because the Argentinians eat dinner so late. The most we can get is grilled cheese, so after that enthralling dinner, we head to the bus station to wait for the bus. The bus is rated "semi-cama" meaning semi-bed or half-bed, I'm also supposed to get almost airline type of service, so I'm hoping that dinner is good.

Mistake. This is one of those dinners that I might regret the next morning. The meal was, a mini ham and cheese sandwich, cold cubes of potato and carrot (a salad I guess?), spinach cannelloni and a mini carrot muffin. Now, some of those things sound like they would be nice on their own, but the main course, the cannelloni was quite terrible. Piping hot noodle exterior filled with barely defrosted spinach and tomato sauce, the potato and carrot salad was a mess as well. Not great, and I'm not really sad that I didn't manage to get a picture of that dinner.

Let's see how the night goes on, I'll be waking up in the big city, if I'm even able to sleep at all.

See all of my photos here!

"(U)nity" is back at it again with their piece "D'Axel's Dream".

No comments:

Post a Comment