Saturday, January 30, 2016

Day 19, Errands

(Wednesday, the 27th of January, 2016)
A good morning was had today, very similar to yesterday's, wake at 9:30 AM, get breakfast before it ends at 10:00 AM and wait until the museums open at 11:00 AM to about noon. Today was a bit different though, Mario and Lorena recommended a place to go the get a SIM card (their niece works at the place) and they also suggested I get a SUBE card. So this morning was spent doing a few errands. The shop that they recommended was on Florida St, a huge pedestrian street filled with shops, that was a fun experience. I also hit up the "Casa Rosada", the Pink House, which is the office of the president of Argentina, after that I headed to a coin and money museum, which was a lot better than it sounds. They also had a room of unrelated abstract art, which was fun to look at, but the main attraction was great too, I got to learn some history of the battles of Argentina, and about all of these competing currencies at the time. After that it was museum closing time, so I headed back.






Dinner was a relatively cheap and tasty affair, although everyone so far thinks that it is odd that I prefer eating at around 8 PM, but whatever. I went back to the hostel to plan the next day.



See all of my photos compressed and organized in to folders here!
I do feel as if the app I'm using to resize photos is kind of messing them up, so you can find a giant folder of full size pictures here.

The Mambo Legends are back again with a piece called " La Orquestra".


No comments:

Post a Comment