Saturday, January 16, 2016

Day 3, Beach

(Monday, the 11th of January, 2016)
Nothing too noteworthy happened today. We headed out to the a house by the beach that my Grandpa owns, it's about a one hour drive from the farm. My great uncle Ricardo stopped by for lunch, which was great, it was nice to see him again since I saw him last in 2010. He hitched a ride with us to the beach house. He own a house in a small town by the coast, he grows plants and flowers on the lot to sell in a street market in that town. We dropped him off and my Grandpa bought some flowers for his garden, while I took a few pictures. He calls this property his jungle, which is kind of true, there are papayas, lemons, avocados and mandarin oranges growing everywhere along with numerous flowers.

(Ricardo's Property)




We then headed to the beach house for a bit to do some housekeeping, and that was pretty much the entirety of the exciting things that happened today. I do appreciate the down time though, I've be having to organize my digital life a bit, because everyday produces around a page of blog post and around 60 pictures, that is going to add up quickly. And I have to curate as well. Although I have some free time today so I decided to start planning some mixes. I take songs that I like, and put them together into about a 1 hour long track, you wouldn't think it but getting the transitions between songs right can be quite hard. I don't profess to be good (just ask my friends, my first two were quite bad), but they're quite fun to make. I'm planning on making three this time, one for hip hop instrumentals, one for jazz and one for rap. I came prepared, with a fully packed library of songs on my laptop so I'm set! I'm also planning on making the hip hop and the jazz one clean (...enough) to be able to be family friendly, because I haven't really been able to show them off outside of my group of friends. Alright squad, be on the lookout for those, and if you have any suggestions for mix topics I'll take them.

(Beach House)

(Neighbourhood Dogs)

(Obligatory Mountain Shot)

That pretty much covers today, it was quite a bit less overwhelming than the previous two days, but I'm glad that it's settling down as well.

All my pictures here!


Today's musical feature is "'Round the Town Percussion ft. Doug Hinrichs" from the Congahead YouTube channel.


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear your mixes. I've been listening to the ones you shared with us lately to mix things up. They sound great!! - Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, I'll be uploading a sixth one tonight, but the 5th should be up by now. I find that it's a great way to pass time during the slow days.

      Delete