Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day 8, Alvear

(Saturday, the 16th of January, 2016)
The first morning in Argentina started off on a good foot with a bowl of cornflakes in yogurt (super liquid yogurt, similar to Yop). That breakfast definitely had a different texture than normal cereal. We went to town next for a bit of ice cream, well, I thought it would be a bit. We ended up eating ¼ kilogram each of ice cream for only 3 dollars Canadian each. What a deal.

After returning, me and my grandpa got a tour of the property which is quite extensive and then we had some of that leftover barbecue for lunch. What follows a late lunch is naturally a siesta in a hammock, all in all a great first half of the day. I'm going to see if I can make a siesta a daily thing while I'm here.

After the siesta I got to meet a neighbour that everyone calls “Loco Rico”, and we spent a lazy hour on the patio exchanging jokes and drinking beer. I also got some great suggestions about places I should go when I'm traveling in Argentina.

(Beer & Peanuts with Loco Rico)


We had a beautiful dinner here in General Alvear, the local town, at a fancy resto-bar which had some of the best pasta around. We actually got to eat free that night because my uncle bought an iPhone 5 from Canada for one of the owners, so we had a tab. Phones are quite expensive here so he thought he could get them a hone for cheaper from Canada. There is quite an interesting economic situation going on here, phones are expensive, cars are expensive, gas is expensive but land and fruit is super cheap. The government also seems to be pushing natural gas powered cars (because apparently they found a lot of natural gas around) so every gas station has a few pumps that are marked GNC and I'm pretty sure that is quite cheap compares to gasoline.


With that interesting dinner conversation bouncing around in my head we finished off the night with some more ice cream (I had a milkshake that was delicious) and then hit the sack for a new day.





All of my pictures here!

Today's musical feature is a song titled "Pasado-Presente" performed by "Alex Alvear & Mango Blue".


No comments:

Post a Comment