Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Day 44, Magical El Chaltén Pt. II

(Sunday, the 21st of February, 2016) *Continued in next post. Picture heavy.*
The next highlight is the next hike. A 10 km long hike through foothills and valleys to get to a beautiful lake and a beautiful glacier. I started off bright and early in the morning after making some fried granola for my breakfast and lunch and heating up some water for mate on the trail. After the first few kilometers alone, I joined up with some mates from the hostel and we continued on as five. The views were magnificent, although not the best they could be because of the weather, but I'm not complaining because I thought it was still really beautiful. I got to see some woodpeckers and frogs and other interesting plants. There was quite a picturesque Valley that we passed through full of drowned trees, quite cool.




We all took a lunch break beside the glacier lake and we all got to know each other better. I was walking with an international crew, French, German, Welsh and Czech. Everyone had some great travel stories, which were shared as we scaled a rocky ridge along side the lake for the final 1 km push. We celebrated our victory over the path with some pictures and selfies and got ready for the 10 km back to civilization. I still think that the return is easier, but the last kilometer back was quite difficult. We all made some communal pasta together from all of our ingredients and played cards and drank until midnight, which was great fun. Although tomorrow, Susie from Wales and Martina from the Czech republic were going to do the Fitzroy trail tomorrow and I decided to join them. So we had to sleep in preparation for another massive hike the next day.
*Continued in part three.*







See all of my photos here!


No comments:

Post a Comment