Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Day 40, Exchange Pt. III

(Wednesday, the 17th of February, 2016)
I had been reading in a guidebook (which is from 2013, granted) that it can be extremely difficult to get cash out if ATMs in Patagonia, either because there are no ATMs, the because the few that are present run out of money because everyone drains them. So I decided to exchange my spare American dollars for pesos so that I won't end up stuck with no money. I had to go to the central bank downtown and go through quite a long process to exchange legally. I ended up with about 6300 pesos, although since their biggest bill is 100, it was a giant was of bills. I felt pretty jittery riding the Subte back to my hostel.
The rest of the night was spent packing for tomorrow's early flight to the end of the world. Although I did get sidetracked a bit and I ended up playing a few hours of pool with some hostelmates from Chile and Mexico, that was quite fun. I also used this last chance to Skype home, because the rumor is that the internet in Patagonia is quite terrible. The 4:45 AM wake up looms ahead for tomorrow, but I can always sleep some more on the plane.


See all of my photos here!

No comments:

Post a Comment